Bismillahirrahmanirrahim. Assalamualaikum. I am Nadia Syamila. Welcome to one of places where I pour my heart, my emotions, my feelings and most of the things out. May we inspire each other. Hope we meet in Jannah. Pray for me. And forgive me for my mistakes. Jazakallahukhayr.

Friday, October 6, 2017

Senior Cycle 1 RCSI



Having a journey as a medical student and to become a doctor is not as easy as everyone thought. Or if people would think being a doctor is about glamarous or money, it is certainly not. 

For me, embarking this journey have changed my life completely and the way I look at things. It changes my perspective over things that occur unexpectedly in life. 
I was on house calls last Monday and it was one of the best experience I have ever gained as a medical student. I have met a lot of elderly people and people who are sick and paralysed and poor.

SubhanaAllah how it had open my eyes!

I met an elderly couple who were not blessed with child, hence taking care of their ownself even though both of them had to face their own illness. The lady is having Paget's disease of the breast (a type of breast cancer) and congestive heart failure. The man is diagnosed with glaucoma (eyes disease) and is blind.

Ya Allah.

And they are both living in a poor condition. (They are not rich or any near to that)

SubhanaAllah.:'
Ya Allah may Allah protect us all and grant them the best and rahmah for duniya and akhirah.

I had injected flu vaccine to them as they are immunocompromised patients. (those people who had low immune and susceptible to disease). The other patient that really breaks my heart is a 40 year old man (not true age) who is having several chronic diseases at the same time and paralysed from neck to toe for 10 years.

SubhanaAllah!:'
Ya Allah may Allah protect us all.

He is having a type of birth defect illness (traumatic spinal injury). With the inherited disease he was then diagnosed hydrocephaly (swelling of brain) as well as epilepsy (seizures; extreme shaking or jerking motion without realizing or loss of consciousness while seizures). Ya Allah ya Rabbi:'
Only Allah knows the pain that he had to go through.

He has several illness and due to his immobility he is also being diagnosed with deep vein thrombosis (blood clot that stuck in the bloodstream of his leg). SubhanaAllah.

He is in his wheelchair and food has to be injected directly to his bowel (at the tummy) through a narrow tube. 

SubhanaAllah :'
Seeing all of those patients bear their difficult and chronic illness made me realized how blessed I am, my family and most of my beloved people.

MashaAllah. 

Sometimes we think that we are given less than the others and we think that Allah is unfair , but ya Allah is very kind to all of us. Ya Allah knows the test that He had to give to some of us because this duniya is not forever. It is temporary and for those who are dealing with takdir patiently, the reward is Jannah, Gardens of Paradise.

Ya Allah.

Look at those people who had to bear worser conditions than us and then reflect back in our life, for all of these nikmah that were given to us, how much indeed we are grateful to our Creator?

Are we thankful enough?
Are we being kind enough to people?
Are we perform Solaah in a good way?
Do we always conscious and think about Allah?
How much do we grateful to Allah?
Do we deserve all of this nikmah without being grateful to Him?

Ya Allah..

Ya Allah please grant us syukr and gratefulness for everything that you had grant us and protect us from.

Alhamdulillah ya Allah for everything.
Thank You ya Allah.. and I really meant it.

No comments:

Post a Comment