Bismillahirrahmanirrahim. Assalamualaikum. I am Nadia Syamila. Welcome to one of places where I pour my heart, my emotions, my feelings and most of the things out. May we inspire each other. Hope we meet in Jannah. Pray for me. And forgive me for my mistakes. Jazakallahukhayr.

Friday, January 31, 2020

Korean Movie Review

My Wife Got Married (Korean Movie) 
(i just copied this comment by xxxzxxx in this website https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?rinli=1&pli=1&blogID=2884161797451841124#editor/target=post;postID=2876889317805108765 as i just recently watch this movie, and it just the most bullshit movie; my apology for my word) 
I just want to share my thought on this movie here.
This movie is honestly the worst movie I’ve ever seen. It’s the worst because it’s the first movie that’s ever made me actually want to kill the female lead. This movie did not present polyandry in a positive light. The female lead came out as one of the most hateful characters I’ve ever seen with her fake innocence (i.e. when she says ‘why’ after the male lead refuses to let her marry another man and when she is unable to understand why the male lead wants to know if he is the father – which he has a right to know). This woman had no respect for her husband and I honestly thought this movie was a disgrace to women (and men). This movie did not empower women – because there was nothing great about the female lead. I find it weird that movies with cheating/two-timing women are labeled as being empowering towards women. They are not. There is nothing empowering about a person cheating and being cruel towards another person – whether it’s a woman or a man doing it. Those who label this movie as empowering towards women are also indirectly saying that men who two-time their wife or girlfriend are great or ’empowering towards men’. A woman doing something bad does not equal ’empowering towards women’ just because it’s a woman doing it.
This is a review I wrote – it contains spoilers but since your article also contains spoilers I thought it was okay to post it:).
A movie full of double standards.
“My Wife Got Married” is probably the worst excuse for a movie i’ve ever seen. I thought I’d never see a movie worse than 10.000 BC or Taken 2 but I was wrong, so wrong. The problem with this movie is that while it’s trying to fight double standards it ends up being filled with double standards and fakeness itself and even ends up promoting adultery and cheating. The movie gave a picture of our society as a place where people celebrate men being unfaithful to their wives which is not how reality really is. The truth is that I don’t know one person who actually think it’s okay for men to cheat on their wives. Try asking yourself whether your father, mother, brother or anyone close to you actually think it’s okay for a man to cheat on their wife? I bet the majority is against it no matter the gender. I’ve actually been noticing that nearly each time a man in a movie cheats on his wife he’s portrayed as horny bastard while the wife is portrayed as a sweet wife who does everything right. While movies with cheating wives nearly always portray the wives as being neglected by their awful husbands. Now back to the movie itself and it’s fakeness. In the midst of all this fakeness is the female protagonist In-ah with her fake innocent face. Her fake innocence and double standards are first seen – besides the times she comes home late at night drunk and fails to understand why her boyfriend is mad – when she’s telling her (now) husband about the other guy she has been seeing and wants to marry. When her husband gets mad all she says is “why are you mad” like she does not know it. She then proceeds to say that she wants to keep it a secret from her parents so obviously she does know why he got mad… What follows really showed her true colors. When the guy left his ring at her apartment she follows him home and keeps on pressing on to him instead of just letting him go even going as far as telling him that he had to grant her wish of never leaving her while she still wants to marry another man (all this happens while she herself earlier in the movie had said that she belongs to no one and that if any one of them wanted out of the relationship they should be allowed to go). It’s been a long time since I’ve seen a more selfish person than her. While she wanted her husband to understand her feelings she never once tried to understand or reason with her husband and everything had to go her way – a total narcissist. When their child is born she didn’t even once try to understand how her husband felt and got angry when he wanted to know whether he was the father. The culmination of her selfishness came when the husband revealed everything to the families and she ran off to Spain with her child without telling her husband or anyone else. I wouldn’t actually have cared about her cowardice and selfishness of running away from the mess RIGHTFULLY crashing down on her – since she herself had created it by her own selfishness – if it hadn’t been for the fact that she actually kidnapped the daughter from the father. This fact is amazingly ignored in the movie and it just shows how bad this movie actually is – as if anyone would actually be okay with losing a child like that after going through so much pain of knowing whether he was the father or not. The male protagonist is a sorry excuse for a human being – but at least he admits it himself early in the movie when he says that he is a loser – and that’s exactly how he came across. He came across as a pathetic person who couldn’t stand up for himself and it was hard to feel any sympathy for him either because of how pathetic he was.
The message in this movie seems to be. 1: It’s okay to cheat on your wife/husband. 2: It’s okay live a double life tricking two families. (The family of the second husband was left to believe that the child was their family by blood.) 3: It’s okay to run away with a child without telling the father. 4: It’s okay to run away from the mess you created yourself. 5: If you follow 1-4 you will have a happy ending with two husbands.
The movie is labelled as comedy and romance but I felt neither was present in this movie. It was not funny neither did I feel any love between the leads. If it’s considered love to be selfish and wanting everything your way not considering your partners feelings at all then this movie is full of love. My take on love is different though – The Classic and A Moment To Remember (in which Ye-jin Son stars) portray love much much better than this movie. It’s a shame that she decided to star in this film because each time I remember one of the above-mentioned movies I’ll always remember this film also and be put in a bad mood.

3 comments:

  1. I have lots of joy and excitement in me, i am torpey clare, been happy with my marriage, not until my husband began to listen to gossip of me not being faithful to our marital vows, i tried making him understand that they were gossip and lies, but he lost the love, trust  and confidence in us. So we became nagging couples, and then filled for divorce, later on, we got separated. years after our divorce, i tried to live a normal life without him but i could not, so i began a quest on how to get back my ex husband, then i was referred to, BaBa ogbogo a great and highly spiritual man who cast a love spell on me and made my EX return to me. I am overwhelm, so i drop his contact here for those having relationship and marriage problems, so he can help with great works. Email: greatbabaogbogotemple@gmail.com. Or his whatsapp number... +447440557868. Get in-touch with him, see how great and powerful he is. Also helps in these matters...

    (1) Stop Divorce.
    (2) End Barrenness.
    (3) Good luck Spell.
    (4) Marriage Spell.
    (5) Get Rid Of Spiritual Problems.    

    ReplyDelete